- MetroRail buses will start giving free rides after 6 p.m. on December 31. With 9 MetroRail stations in Austin, the plan also includes extending the service on Saturday with an addition trip leaving downtown at 2:30 a.m.
- MetroRapid will offer its final departures at 2:30 a.m. from downtown along Guadalupe and Lavaca streets. There are two MetroRapid routes: one connects the Tech Ridge area to the Southpark Meadows shopping center in Southwest Austin through the UTexas campus and downtown; the other connects The Domain to the Westgate area in Southwest Austin via UT and downtown.
- Five Night Owl routes will run to and from Sixth and Congress every 15 minutes from midnight until 3 a.m. on New Year’s Eve.
- Local MetroBus service will operate a Saturday schedule on New Year’s Eve, but E-Buses and UT Shuttles will not be in service.
- Capital Metro's MetroBus and MetroRapid will resume regular service schedules on Sunday, New Year's Day. MetroRail, UT Shuttles, Night Owls and E-Buses will not be in service.
- All services except for the UT Shuttle and E-Bus Service will resume their regular weekday scheduled by Monday, January 2.
This post was based on the Community Impact article that was published last December 27, 2016.